The global airline’s passenger traffic and cargo volume figures for November closed with an increasing trend.
Turkish Airlines announced its passenger and cargo traffic results for November. During this month, the flag carrier reached an 84.8% total load factor. Expressing his pleasure with the successful traffic results, Turkish Airlines Chairman of the Board and Executive Committee M. İlker Aycı said, “Our figures, which have grown every month in the last six-month term, show a significant growth in November. As our figures continue the growth trend in the forthcoming term, we will have the pleasure of hosting our valuable guests with the privileges of Turkish Airlines.”
According to the November 2019 Traffic Results,
• The total number of passengers increased by 3.7% in November reaching 5.7 million.
• The load factor reached approximately 82% this year compared to circa 81% in the same term last year. This year’s load factor on domestic flights exceeded 85% compared to 84% last year.
• International-to-international transfer passengers increased by 6.3%, while the figures for international passengers (excluding international-to-international transfer passengers) increased by 11.5%. The total number of international passengers compared with November last year increased by 8.5%.
• In November, the passenger figures for the Middle East, Europe, Africa, and North America increased by 11.5%, 8.9%, 8.2%, and 6.8% respectively.
• Compared with the same period last year, the volume of cargo and post increased by 9.5%. The main contributors to this growth in cargo volume are the Middle East with 14.8%, Europe with 10.1%, and North America with 4.7%.
According to the January-November 2019 Traffic Results,
• In the period between January and November 2019, passenger figures were recorded at almost 68.8 million.
• The total passenger load factor in this period was 81.7%. International passenger load factor was 81%, and domestic passenger load factor reached 86.3%.
• While there was a 4.6% increase in international-to-international transfer passengers, international passengers (excluding international-to-international transfer passengers) increased by 2.2% reaching 18 million passengers.
• The total volume of cargo and post carried between January and November 2019 increased 9.5% reaching 1.4 million tons.