Finishing 2018 with a fast, double-digit growth, the national flag carrier recorded a load factor of 79.5% in January.
The national flag carrier announced its passenger and cargo traffic results for January 2019 during which it carried 5.7 million passengers. Making a head start in the new year with a load factor of 79.5%, the global carrier signaled that it will be positioned in a positive demand environment in 2019 as well.
Turkish Airlines Chairman of the Board and the Executive Committee M. İlker Aycı commented on the results by saying, “We achieved record-breaking traffic results almost every month of last year. When we look at the first monthly results of 2019, we see a continuation of this momentum which is an important sign of our consistent performance, which we’ll also be displaying in the coming months of the year.
The year 2019 will be a tremendous year of success both for our national aviation and our flag carrier. We’re very pleased to have started 2019, a year to which we attribute great importance in our aviation history, with such a substantial load factor performance.”
According to the January 2019 Traffic Results:
• The total number of passengers carried in January 2019 was 5.7 million.
• The load factor in January was 79.5%, with the international load factor at 78.3% and the domestic load factor at 87.1%.
• The international-to-international transfer passengers increased by 5.2%.
• The cargo/mail volume continued its double-digit growth trend, increasing by 14.9% compared to the same period of 2018. The main contributors to this growth in cargo/mail volume were Europe with 21%, the Far East with 13.7%, and North America with 11% increase.
• In January, the Far East showed load factor growth of 1.4 points, while North America increased by almost 1 point compared to the same period of last year.