PERFORMING FIRST AT AYA İRİNİ, TURKEY’S NATIONAL YOUTH SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA UNDER CONDUCTOR CEM MANSUR THEN SETS OUT ON AN AUTUMN WORLD TOUR.
Made up of 100 young musicians selected by audition from among some 400 applicants coming from Turkey’s top conservatories, the National Youth Symphony Orchestra of Turkey has been in camp at Sabancı University since August 18. It’s tour time now, and the first concert is at Aya İrini on September 7.
• Aya İrini Concert: Istanbul / Turkey - September 7
• Leverkusen Concert: Leverkusen / Cologne / Germany - September 29
• Festival of the Nations Concert: Munich / Germany - October 1
• Konzerthaus Concert: Vienna / Austria - October 2
• Brucknerfest Concert: Linz / Austria - October 3
• Essen Philharmonie Concert: Essen / Germany - October 5
QUEEN ELISABETH MUSIC CHAPEL
Furthering its aim of supporting young talents since it was founded, Belgium’s classical music orchestra Queen Elisabeth Music Chapel is in Turkey for the first time on Saturday September 17 and Monday September 19. The orchestra will perform works by Puccini and Mendelssohn in a concert under conductor Jean-Claude Casadesus at Aya İrini on September 17 and works of Mozart at the Library of Celsus in the ancient city of Ephesus near Izmir on September 19. All proceeds of the Izmir concert will go to the Ephesus Foundation for the development of the ancient city and its promotion internationally. For more information about the concert and tickets, send an email to: email@example.com
www.sabancivakfi.org FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE NATIONAL YOUTH SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA OF TURKEY AND ITS CONCERTS